Ayurvedic treatment for skin disease
August 28, 2012 | Skin Disease | 2 Comments|
General care of patient:
- As we all know that skin disease is one of the contagious diseases; one should avoid long and continued contact with the patient. So it is better to isolate the patient.
- All types of skin diseases have more or less involvement of all tri-doshas (Vata, Pitta & Kapha), so far physician should find out which dosha is more aggravated and then start the treatment accordingly.
- For taking bath, the patient of skin disease has to be used mixture of ayurvedic medicinal herbs given below mixed with bathing water.
1) Bark and leaves of Nimba (Azadirachta indica) and Patola (Trichosanthes dioica)
2) Bark of Khadira (Acacia catechu)
3) Leaves of Aargwadha (Cassia fistula) and bark of Kutaja ( Holarrhena antidysenterica)
4) Triphala (Fruits of Haritaki(Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki(Terminalia bellerica) and Aamalaki(Emblica officinalis))
- For external application, the patient of skin disease has to be used different types of medicated paste made by different ayurvedic herbs, different types of medicated ayurvedic oils, different types of medicated ayurvedic grita (clarified butter prepared with ayurvedic herbal medicines), different types of medicated ayurvedic powders, different types of ayurvedic cream, different types of medicated ayurvedic ointments should be used, as per physician advice.
- Charaka (School of ayurvedic medicine) has suggested ten best ayurvedic herbs for internal use in the treatment for skin disease are- Bark of Khadira (Acacia catechu), Fruit of Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Fruit of Aamalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haridra/Turmeric (Curcuma longa), Fruit & Leaves of Aargwadha (Cassia fistula), Root of Karveer (Nerium indicum), Seeds of Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Fruit of Bhallataka (Semecarpus anacardium), Bark of Saptaparna (Alstonia scholaris)and Leaves of Jatipravaala (Jasminum officinale)
Body purification procedures for skin disease:
- In Vata dosha dominance type of skin disease, intake of ‘medicated grita’ (clarified butter prepared with ayurvedic herbal medicines) is advisable.
- In Kapha dosha dominance type of skin disease, ‘vamana karma (medicated vomiting)-one of the panchkarma’ procedure is advisable.
- In Pitta dosha dominance type of skin disease, ‘virechana karma (medicated purgation) and siravyadha karma (blood-letting procedure) is advisable.
- Before purification, proper oleation with medicated ghee should be done. And for proper oleation, medicated grita such as Khadira grita, Darvi grita, Patola grita, Panchtikta grita or Mahatiktak grita can be used.
- If the patient of skin disease is strong enough as well the disease is enough powerful and when there is excess vitiation of doshas, repeated purification should be done.
Some of the famous ayurvedic formulations for skin disease as in general use:
- Vati (Tablets): For internal use only- Pathyadi ghanvati, Saptaparna ghanvati, Kalingaadi vati, Panchtikta grita guggulu vati, Triphala vati, Samsamani vati, Swayambhuv guggulu etc.
- Medicated grita (clarified butter prepared with ayurvedic herbal medicines): For internal use- Khadira grita, Darvi grita, Patola grita, Panchtikta grita, Mahatiktak grita etc.
- Medicated taila (Medicated ayurvedic oils): For external use only- Nimba taila, Karanja taila, Arka taila, Cutisora oil, Psoria oil etc.
- Lepa (Medicated paste): For external use only- Dashang lepa, Aargwadhadi lepa, Haridra lepa, Nimba lepa etc.
- Medicated soap: For external use only- Elaadi soap, Rakta chandan soap, Medimix soap etc.
- Kwath (Decoctions): For internal use- Triphala kwath, Patoladi kwath, Pathyadi kwath, Guduchyadi kwath etc.
- Churna (Ayurvedic herbal powders): For internal use- Mustadi churna, Haridra churna, Triphala churna, Trivritadi churna etc.
- Medicated wines: For internal use only- Khadirarishta, Vidangarishta, Amrutarishta, Bringrajasav etc.
I would like recieve information on recurrent URTI for myself (age-39)